Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6-ish people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know he/she has been tagged.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
So, here it goes. Six random things about the MattDaddy:
1) In 1993, before the internet was really the internet and it was a collection of bulletin boards and text based games, I began playing MUDS and MUSHes in college at James Madison University. One of them was based on the PERN novels my Anne McCaffrey and I played with a group of about 10 people from all over the world. One was a girl in Houston. She asked for my phone number so she could hear my voice before I left school for the summer. I married her on New Years eve 1994, and we’re about to celebrate our 14th anniversary this year 🙂
2) I’m into martial arts. As if you couldn’t tell. I started when I was at JMU in 1992 and I’ve been doing SOME kind of martial arts ever since. I have a 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do and I was a fulltime instructor at our school for 2 years.
3) I grew up on Long Island, and I absolutely hate NYC.
4) No wonder I’m a Boston Red Sox fan. I saw a baseball game at my grandparents house in Braintree Mass in the summer of 1979. I watched Jim Rice launch a ball over a huge wall in left field. I remember the shot vividly. Cool thing is, when they were putting together ballots for this years hall of fame, the video they put together of Jim Rice had the exact shot I remember.
5) In May of 2007, I was driving home from a doctor’s appointment and I got hit by a 25′ truck in my compact Honda Fit. I rolled the car three times, and somehow managed to walk away from it relatively unscathed. There’s some stuff cropping up here and there with my neck and shoulder, but in the grand scheme of things, I have a lot to be thankful for.
6) My son is left handed, my daughter is blond. The Cushing side of the family has Neither. In fact, except for the way he’s built, neither kid looks like me. Keep the wisecracks to yourself!!
And here are the 6 people I’m linking to:
Mike at Unraveling Mysteries
MammaDawg at MammaDawg.com
Tyler at Building Camelot
Mrs4444 at HalfPassedKissinTime
Carol at Ramblings of a Hunters Wife
Uncool Dad at Always Home and Uncool